Our marketing strategy focuses on elevating the profile of Cheapside through engaging activities for local workers and visitors. This raises awareness, drives engagement, and showcases the vibrant and dynamic attributes of the area. We aim to increase footfall, benefiting not only the hospitality and retail sectors, but also positioning Cheapside as a premier destination in London.
Past achievements (2022/23)
- Strategically collaborated with neighbouring City BIDs on the In the City app, which offers discounts and promotions from local businesses in Cheapside and the City. The soft launch achieved 1,953 user downloads, and featured 187 events in Cheapside and the City.
- Partnered with City BIDs on the City Gift Card, encouraging local spending and rewarding staff, while driving footfall and expenditure.
- Maintained a strong partnership with One City, the online guide to the Square Mile, which has recently reached a milestone of 100,000 followers. Posts garnered significant engagement and impressions. We also circulated our own monthly e-newsletters, with up to 4,000 members signed up.
- Utilised the Commuter Club – which provides long reads, playlists, and podcasts for London commuters – as a platform for marketing Cheapside. We received 2,497 website visits on the platform, and podcasts related to Cheapside accumulated 915 listens.
- Virtually hosted our ’12 days of Christmas’ campaign, promoting local businesses and their festive discounts and offers. This period saw a significant increase in social media, newsletter, and website interaction. Prizes were sourced locally and often donated by local businesses.
- Organised the Christmas tree light switch-on for Cheapside and Bow Lane, accompanied by a snow machine, school choir and speeches from the CBA chair and Lady Mayoress.
Future plans (2023/24)
- Develop an area promotional video for Cheapside, which will aim to showcase the area’s historical landmarks, cultural offering and excellent hospitality and retail venues.
- Continue to develop the In the City app with Konekt in order to increase user numbers and visibility. 2023/24 will see the launch of a go-to-market strategy to ensure continued uptake of the app.
- Enhancement of our annual Christmas light switch-on event, with new installations in One New Change and Paternoster Square.