Establishing and fostering relationships stands at the forefront of our projects. We support businesses in Cheapside by offering a wide range of programmes to facilitate growth, skills development and the strengthening of existing delivery platforms. Focusing on close collaboration with the City Corporation, our partners and local businesses to enhance our impact, we strive to create a favourable work environment and foster a sustainable and thriving business community.
Past achievements (2022/23)
- Staged networking events with three local BIDs and City businesses.
- Hosted annual report launch at Saddlers’ Hall, featuring speeches, live music, and artwork by Jonny Glover Coronation.
- Tea party in honour of His Majesty King Charles III with craft making, a harpist and a raffle.
- Delivered Christmas events including Wreath Making workshop and festive networking at Balfour Wine Vaults, coinciding with the Christmas light switch-on at St. Mary Le Bow Church, an annual switch-on event funded by Cheapside BID.
- Offered Mental Health First Aid Accredited Course over four mornings in January 2023.
Future plans (2023/24)
- Continue to offer Mental Health First Aid Courses on a quarterly basis, plus Introduction to British Sign Language and disability awareness courses.
- Deliver Business Breakfasts to facilitate networking opportunities SMEs and larger businesses in the area.
- Provide an Introduction to the City programme for new employees entering the City, including walking tours, sports activities and networking events.
- Collaborate with existing partners and the City of London Police to develop workshops such as SCAN (See, Check, and Notify) and initiatives like Reframe the Night, which focuses on enhancing safety in the night-time economy of Cheapside.
- Offer regular Dr Bike sessions in and around Cheapside, providing free and reliable bicycle maintenance for businesses in the area.
- Collaborate with the Ward of Cheap on business networking events across the Cheapside area.