We are dedicated to enhancing training and employment opportunities in Cheapside by collaborating with businesses to foster a prosperous local economy in the short, medium and long term.
Past achievements (2022/23)
- Partnered with Action Funder, a community fund that supports community groups, businesses, and registered charities in achieving their goals, particularly when funding is difficult to obtain.
- Contributed £15,000 to various charities and groups in and around the Cheapside area, benefiting approximately 600 individuals. The chosen organisations include YMCA London City and North, Forget Me Not Memory Café, and St Luke’s Community Centre.
Future plans (2023/24)
- Continue working with Action Funder and increase their involvement in the selection process. Funds will be directed to charities and projects that aim to boost employment skills and opportunities for young people.
- Establish a Community and Enterprise Steering Group to address current social value topics and issues. If you are a business and would like to be involved, get in touch.
- Organise a careers day in collaboration with local businesses and the City Corporation.
- Collaborate with the City Corporation to conduct a series of digital skills workshops to boost credentials, aid SMEs, and increase chances of employment within the Square Mile.